BeautAdvisor is an online service that provides recommendations for beauty related businesses and lots more. Our Web site is owned and operated by BeautAdvisor Limited. More details about BeautAdvisor Limited can be found below under “How you can contact us.”
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Before submitting your personal information to our Web site, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices.
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, user name and password. We may also request information about your beauty related plans, style, and preferences. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of being a registered member. For example, only registered members are able to post beauty reviews, participate in discussion forums, e-mail BeautAdvisor content to themselves and others, access members-only newsletters and beauty planning content, and enter surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.
Information About Others.
You will have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people through our Web site. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing BeautAdvisor with their personal information.
Information from Other Sources.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit BeautAdvisor by "clicking-through" from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as information and demographic information. As another example, if you access third party services, such as social media services, through our Web site or before coming to our Web site, we may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services in order to improve and personalize your use of our Web site.
We have partnered with Facebook to provide Instant Personalization on BeautAdvisor for members of Facebook. If you have Instant Personalization set to "enabled" in your Facebook privacy settings and you are logged into Facebook, then BeautAdvisor will be personalized for you when you visit the Web site, even if you are a first-time user of BeautAdvisor’s Web site. For example, we will show you reviews that your Facebook friends have posted on BeautAdvisor and places they have visited. In order to provide you with this personalized experience, Facebook provides us with information that you have chosen to make available pursuant to your Facebook privacy settings. That information may include your name, profile picture, gender, friend lists and any other information you have chosen to make available.
Automatic Collection of Information.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit BeautAdvisor. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customize your user experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
- To help us customize the content, website experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests. See Display of Advertising/Your choices for more information about our online advertising practices and your choices.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable non-essential types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools offered on our sites.
Our sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Web site, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Display of Advertising/Your Choices
Data collected to serve you with relevant advertising
BeautAdvisor is committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do this, we may collect information about your beauty-related searches, such as whether you are looking for a health spa or salon, and use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your interests. So, for example, if you search for a salon in Florida on BeautAdvisor.com, you may see an ad for a Florida beauty package on BeautAdvisor.com or on another website you visit.
We do not share your personal contact information (such as email addresses) with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements. You can choose not to receive relevant online advertising on other Web sites, based on your beauty-related searches on BeautAdvisor.com. Note that if you choose not to receive tailored ads, you will see online advertisements, but they will be more general and less relevant to you.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising
Many of the advertisements you see on the BeautAdvisor.com family of sites are served by BeautAdvisor.com or its service providers. But we also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites, and (2) advertising networks, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different Web sites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your interests.
We do not permit these third parties to collect personal contact information about you (such as email address) on our site, nor do we share with them any personal information about you.
Information About Your Location.
When you use a BeautAdvisor application (the "Application") on a mobile phone or tablet device ("Device"), we will collect and use information about you in broadly the same way and for substantially similar purposes as when you use a BeautAdvisor website. In addition, we may collect information about your location, if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the Application, via the privacy settings on that Device, or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We will use the location information collected from your Device or photos to enhance your use of the Application. For example, we may use your location to show you reviews of salons or gyms near you. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the Application and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
Call Recording and Monitoring.
How we use your information
If you have signed up as the owner or manager of a business, or listed your services, we will send you e-mail messages at the email address you provide to us.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of beauty-related opportunities on our website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent beauty-related interests. For example, if you search for a barbers in New York on our website, we may send you an email message about prices for New York or other destinations. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about beauty-related special offers available through our site. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send. Please review "Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" below to exercise your rights regarding email communications.
With whom we share your information
BeautAdvisor may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Affiliated Web sites. If you were referred to BeautAdvisor from another Web site, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and beauty preferences, about you with that referring Web site. We have not placed limitations on the referring Web sites’ use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Web site that referred you to BeautAdvisor.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of BeautAdvisor, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to create a profile on BeautAdvisor, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable by clicking your screen name. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it. Additionally, if you choose to participate in our member-to-member communications programs (e.g. beauty networks and private messaging), other BeautAdvisor members may contact you by using BeautAdvisor as an intermediary; however, BeautAdvisor will not share your email address with any other members nor display it any public manner. All BeautAdvisor members have the option to turn off the member-to-member communication features at any time.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Web site receives or the most popular salons and destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
We endeavor to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting your subscriptions page on the BeautAdvisor Web site. You can close your BeautAdvisor account by contacting us at the email address listed below. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
If you do not hold an account with us, or wish to contact us in relation to any personal information that is not displayed in your account, you may ask us to access, delete and modify the information that we hold about you by emailing us at the email address listed below.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on BeautAdvisor.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- When you register as a member on BeautAdvisor.com, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages from BeautAdvisor.com. As a registered BeautAdvisor.com member, you can modify your choices at any time through the Email Settings of your subscriptions page.
- Whether registered as a BeautAdvisor member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements and administrative messages relating either to your BeautAdvisor account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from BeautAdvisor, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using BeautAdvisor, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
BeautAdvisor is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Visiting our Web sites from outside the United States
If you are visiting our Web site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that BeautAdvisor does take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
How you can contact us
43 Berkeley Square
©2015 BeautAdvisor Limited. All rights reserved.